I haven’t created anything in a while! That makes me sad, but I guess its the reality of this year. It’s going to be pretty hectic and full of challenges, but ultimately wonderful. I am taking a Design & Technology class this year, in which I am going to be using the media of graphic design, so I am guaranteed to have new things to add to this portfolio! I’m excited.
I created this piece this morning as a sort of quote, sort of advertisement-style typography. It was inspired by a quote I first saw on Smashing Magazine and repeat to myself whilst literally running, but it kept popping up in my head so I thought I’d create something of it. The rest of the (super-cheesy) text was written by me to complement the main quote. Evidently, I am no author.
Have a wonderful week :)
I’ve been meaning to do something with this website for a while now. It’s been outdated and collecting dust for a while whilst I was working out what to do with it. I renewed it in December with the promise to myself that something will be done with this website in 2013. Here’s what has happened so far:
- I’ve decided that I don’t love web designing as much as I used to, & that’s ok. I’m not giving it up completely; I will just be focusing on the graphic design things for a while…
- Hence why I didn’t make this theme. I need this website to be easy to manage and update, (I looked into turning it into a Tumblog but unfortunately that wouldn’t work with my email account) and with that comes not worrying so much about designing a theme from scratch. This theme is an edited version of the Min Theme by Jared Erickson. It needs a little spicing up, but that will happen when it’s not 1AM.
- Speaking of things that need modifying in the near future, my copywriting is terrible. I should look into improving it.
- New name: Officially, the business is registered under SophiaJeanne.com, but as I won’t be trading a whole lot in 2013 (see point 1 and also my education) so I’ve decided to just name this Design by Sophia Jeanne. A touch more interesting than SophiaJeanne.com and a fresh name for a fresh direction.
- New logo, to go along with the name. I may modify it.
- I’ve realized (as you probably have by now) that I’m bloody indecisive when making website decisions.
I think that’s about it! I need to continue adding both new and old things to my portfolio here, as well as blog posts over at Wolf & Bear. If you have any quotes, ideas or feedback, feel free to share them below!
All sizes available to download at Wolf & Bear, my personal blog.